Burudih Dam Ghatshila: A Guide to Ghatshila’s Stunning Waterfront
Burudih Dam Ghatshila: A Guide to Ghatshila’s Stunning Waterfront: With the onset of cold weather, tourists started coming to see the picturesque plains of Ghatshila.
Ghatshila is recognized as a tourist destination. Apart from Jharkhand, tourists also reach here from West Bengal, Orissa, and Bihar. Ghatshila’s Dharagiri, Burudih Dam, Subarnarekha river, and ancient Rankini temple are famous tourist places. Thousands of tourists reach here every year.
- Distance From Kharagpur Is Approx. 118Km Via NH-49 And NH-18.
- Google Map: Burudih Dam Ghatshila
Burudih Dam of Ghatshila is the best place for tourism. Surrounded by dense hills all around, Burudih Dam remains the center of attraction for tourists. Tourists from other states reach Burudih to enjoy boating. Tourists are enjoying the picturesque valleys here.
Last year, paddleboats were brought for boating in Burudih Dam at a cost of lakhs. But so far these boats have not landed in the dam. Tourists are not able to enjoy boating in Burudih due to not being able to form a committee for boat operations.
However, the administrative officials are also not paying any attention to this. So far no concrete steps have been taken in this direction from the office of the Sub-Divisional Officer.
At the same time, the tourism department of the Jharkhand government has not yet caught sight of such a picturesque place of tourism. The way this tourist destination should have been developed has not happened yet.
Lakhs of rupees have been sanctioned for the development of Burudih. Work on this is also going on, but the intensity with which it should be done is not being done.
How To Reach Burudih Dam Ghatshila
To reach Burudih Dam, one can consider the following modes of transportation:
- By road: The dam is accessible by road from major cities and towns in the surrounding areas. Tourists can drive or take a bus to reach the dam.
- By railway: Ghatshila railway station is the nearest railway station to Dam and is well-connected to major cities in India. From the railway station, one can take a taxi or local transportation to reach the dam.
- By air: The nearest airport to Dam is Ranchi airport, which is well-connected to major cities in India. From the airport, one can take a taxi or local transportation to reach the dam.
Related Articles: Best Solo Trip Destinations In India You Must Visit Alone
Related Articles: 5 Wellness Vacation Ideas Across The World To Try