Sanaghagara Waterfalls Keonjhar Odisha One Of The Best Picnic Spot In Keonjhar
Sanaghagara Waterfalls Keonjhar Odisha is One Of The Best Picnic Spot In Keonjhar. Sana Ghagara Water Fall is located in the Keonjhar district at a distance of about 08 K.Ms from Keonjhar town on the National Highway No.- 6 towards Sambalpur.
- The distance From Kharagpur to Sanaghagra Waterfall Is Approx. 225 Km Via NH-49
- Google Map: Sanaghagra Waterfall
Sanaghagara Falls is a waterfall in the Kendujhar (Keonjhar) district in the Indian state of Odisha.” Sanaghagara is an Odia word meaning ‘small waterfall’. It is one of the famous and attractive picnic spots of Odisha, which attracts a large number of tourists.
There is something truly special about this waterfall in Keonjhar district that travelers from all over the world make sure to visit. Sanaghagra which usually has a small waterfall is one of the top places to visit in Odisha to enjoy the splendid side of nature. Situated 8 km from Keonjhar town, this waterfall falls from a height of 30.5 meters and has become a famous picnic spot in Odisha over time.
The region is extremely undulating terrain with hills, pediments, and a narrow “V” shaped valley. The hills and pediments are very steep and the rock formation is of dolerite origin. This area joins the Baitarni river through the Machchandana Nala.
Visitors can not only enjoy some time in the blooming gardens and lawns but also try fun things to do in the lake where they can enjoy boating; Children’s Park where young children can ride as many swings as possible; A restaurant to enjoy delicious food and tribal museum to get close to the origins of Odisha.
- Best time to visit: Oct-Feb
- District: Kendujhar (Keonjhar)
- Elevation: 483.1m
- Open Time: Daytime
- Popular Cuisine: Local Food
- Attractions: Waterfall, Botanical Garden, Park
- Nearest Bus Stop: Keonjhar Bus Stand
- Nearest Railway Station: Keonjhar Railway Station
- Travel Options: Taxi, Bus, Train
- Nearest town: Kendujhar
- Distance from Kharagpur(West Bengal): 225 km