Gambling in Goa – What Makes it an Ideal Gambling Place in India
India is one of the countries in the world that imposed strict restrictions when it comes to gambling. However, it has given each state the freedom to regulate its own gambling law. Goa is one of the Indian states that allow gambling, which is the reason why many people visit Goa for entertainment purposes. It led to huge money spent in Goa and resulted in the rise of tourism in the entire state. The money generated from gambling taxes has kept Goa’s economy on the rise.
Although gambling is allowed in Goa, it does not mean that there are no rules to be followed. On the contrary, some restrictions should be followed on both online and offline gambling sites. Failure to follow such rules and laws will have a corresponding penalty and legal implications.
Gambling in Goa
Gambling pertains to gaming, betting, or engaging in activities that primarily involve luck and chance and involve wagering an amount of money to win bigger prizes. There are 29 states in India, and out of those states, Goa legalizes gambling. It is made possible through legal statutes after the formation of the Goa, Daman, and Diu Public Gambling Act, 1976. However, there were minor amendments made by the government to regulate gambling in Goa thoroughly.
In 1992, Goa began to release gambling licenses to luxury hotels, which paved the way for amazing casino adventures. Such luxury hotels and establishments were allowed to run slot machines, but four years later, they were allowed to offer other gambling activities such as roulette, poker, and other table games. However, there is one thing that should be followed, and that is gambling should be done only on cruise ships and not in land-based casinos. It has made Goa one of the go-to places for gambling, not only by Indians but by people in Asia.
Although Goa is one of the gambling hotspots, it is the smallest state in the country, but what attracts many tourists is Goa being a coastal state. It’s beneficial for offshore vessel casinos apart from land-based casinos. To date, there are a total of 15 casinos in Goa, including offshore casinos. Out of 15 casinos in the state of Goa, five of them are offshore (ships anchored on the Mandovi River). A total of 15,000 guests visit offshore casinos daily.
Why gamble in Goa?
- Gambling is legal in India. So, if you are living in a state where gambling is not allowed, moving to Goa can be beneficial as you can play different kinds of casino games provided you strictly adhere to the rules and regulations of Goa.
- Casinos in Goa are known for offering a wide array of casino games and a high-energy vibe, great food, luscious drinks, and exceptional music.
- You will never run out of games to choose from, making it a haven for casino lovers. Thousands of gamblers from different parts of the world visit Goa regularly to enjoy all sorts of gambling entertainment. Some of them are from nearby states, while others are from neighboring countries in Asia.
- Gambling establishments in Goa are known for their luxury arrangements, so guests will feel special during their stay. It stands true to its promise of being a paradise for casino lovers.
- There is a wide selection of casinos on the cruise that can accommodate a huge number of guests. Most of the casinos on the cruise have a royal setting, ensuring that you will have an exceptional gambling experience.
- Some casinos in Goa make special arrangements for kids, perfect for gamblers who need to tag along with their kids. There are electronic games the kids can surely enjoy while they play their favorite casino games.
- Some casinos in Goa are secluded, so you will feel more private and relaxed while playing. You will enjoy resort-type gambling surrounded by palm trees and waterfalls. There is a kid’s pool and bridges to make you feel relaxed during your stay.
Goa is, without a doubt, a paradise for casino lovers. Suppose, by any chance, you are residing outside Goa or can’t make it to Goa because of financial constraints and other reasons. In that case, you might want to consider visiting India Casino Info. It is one of the best sources of information when it comes to online gambling in India. It gives valuable information not only to casino lovers but also to sports bettors. It has a comprehensive list of online casinos that are welcoming to Indian players. It also gives the list of casinos Indian players should not sign up for an account with or those with red flags. By visiting the site, you will get first-hand information you can use in your online gambling journey.