Healthy Treats for Dogs In 2024
Healthy Treats for Dogs In 2024: As we welcome the approaching new year, it is imperative to establish health goals for our pets to enhance their longevity and overall well-being. With the dawn of the New Year just around the corner, now is the opportune moment to craft a nutritious diet plan for our beloved pets, elevating their longevity, energy levels, and overall health.
Not all foods that benefit humans are suitable for our furry companions, so caution must be exercised in selecting their meals and snacks. During New Year’s get-togethers with friends, opt for nutritious and flavorful treats for your pets rather than oily and fatty foods, prioritizing their well-being to ensure robust health. Experts recommend treats that enhance bone and oral health and support hydration and energy levels.
“As we usher in the new year, aligning our pets’ lifestyles with our own health-focused aspirations becomes increasingly pertinent. Beyond the basics of nutritious pet food, regular exercise, and veterinary care, the well-being of our pets is deeply influenced by the daily treats we choose, especially those offering nutritional benefits,” says Salil Murthy, Managing Director, Mars Petcare India.
Here are five healthy New Year treats that your pets are sure to enjoy:
- Oral Care Treats: A staggering 80 percent of dogs over three years old experience gum disease. Dog chews are highly effective in combating tartar build-up in dogs’ teeth, according to Murthy.
- Foods to Boost Bone Health: Nutrients like Vitamin C, Vitamin K, and magnesium play a crucial role in strengthening your dog’s bones and overall well-being. Besides bone health treats available in the market, one can offer natural options like yogurt, cheese, chicken, fish, and vegetables.
- Wet Cat Food: In the winter season, cats, like everyone else, need extra nourishment and care. Canned or wet foods with the right nutrient mix aid in digestion and provide energy. Wet cat foods usually include a mix of fish, chicken, and nutritious vegetables, offering a complete and balanced diet. This palatable wet cat food enriches mealtime experiences, notes Murthy.
- Broccoli: Cruciferous vegetables are beneficial and must be included in your pup’s diet. You can cut the vegetables into small pieces and offer them as a treat or with their usual meals. While raw broccoli works just as fine, it can be roasted or steamed.
- Strawberries: These naturally sweet treats, rich in Vitamin C, can enhance your pet’s immunity. However, given their high sugar content, be mindful of the portions.
By incorporating these healthy treats into your pets’ diets, you contribute to their overall health and happiness as you embark on the journey into the new year.
Related Article: What To Bring When Travelling With A Pet