Chitrakote Waterfalls The Mini Niagara Fall Of India Chhattisgarh Tourism
Chitrakote Waterfalls The Mini Niagara Fall Of India Chhattisgarh Tourism: It is an unexplored waterfall in the state of Chhattisgarh. Chitrakote or Chitrakoot Falls is an all-season beautiful waterfall located on the Indravati River in the Bastar district of Chhattisgarh state.
- The distance From Kharagpur to Chitrakote Waterfalls Is Approx. 878Km Via NH49
- Google Map: Chitrakote Falls
The time of July-October is suitable for tourists to come here.
At night this place is illuminated with full lights. Tourists can see the beauty of the water falling from the waterfall here with lights.
Best time to visit Chitrakote Waterfalls
You can go to Chitrakoot Falls in any season, but during the monsoon, most tourists go to see the majestic form of the waterfall.
If you find it a bit difficult to travel in monsoon, then you can go from November to February, at this time the water of the waterfall is white like milk, and the weather is pleasant. Even in this season, you can enjoy the beautiful view of Chitrakoot Falls.
How to reach Chitrakoot Waterfall:
Chitrakoot Falls is easily accessible
- The nearest Airport – is Swami Vivekananda Airport Raipur.
- Nearest Railway Station – Jagdalpur Railway Station.
- By Road – Jagdalpur is connected to many big cities, and you can reach Chitrakote Falls easily with the help of a bus or other vehicles.
Other Tourist Places Around Chitrakoot Waterfall:
There are many other tourist places around Chitrakote Falls. If you come to visit Chitrakote Falls, then you can also visit the tourist places mentioned below.
- Kanger Dhara – One of the most beautiful waterfalls in the Bastar district, the Kanger Dhara waterfall is inside the Kanger Valley National Park. It falls from a height of about 10 to 15 feet and the surrounding valley creates an even more beautiful view.
- Tirathgarh Waterfall – This waterfall is located in the Mungabahar river, it is the highest waterfall in Chhattisgarh and it is counted among the highest waterfalls in India.
- Kotumsar Cave – This cave is in Kutumsar village and blind fishes are found inside this cave. You will be surprised to know that this is considered to be the deepest cave in India.
- Chitradhara Waterfall: This waterfall is a seasonal waterfall that attracts tourists with its beauty only during the rainy season. This is one of the most beautiful waterfalls in the Bastar region, it is only 19 km from Jagdalpur.
- Narayanpal temple – If you are fond of seeing old temples then you must visit Narayanpal Temple. This temple is thousands of years old and is situated between the confluence of the Indravati and Narangi rivers.
Whenever we go to any tourist destination, many questions related to that place are in our mind, so we have given below answers to some common questions which can be useful for you.
Chitrakoot Falls is on which river?
Chitrakote Falls is situated on the Indravati River.
Where is Chitrakote Falls located?
It is located at a distance of 38 km from Jagdalpur city of Bastar district of Chhattisgarh.
What is the distance between Jagdalpur to Chitrakote Waterfall?
The distance from Jagdalpur to Chitrakoot Waterfall is about 38 km.
Is there a boating facility at Chitrakoot Falls?
Yes! Boating is also arranged here, at a cost of only 50 rupees.