Kedarnath Jyotirlinga Yatra Tips Best Time To Visit Kedarnath
Kedarnath Jyotirlinga Yatra Tips: The journey of Kedarnath Dham has started. In such a situation, thousands of devotees are going for darshan. Let us know the best time to visit Kedarnath Dham and what to do and what not to do during the journey. Also know some basic information related to Kedarnath Jyotirlinga Yatra.
Where Is Kedarnath Temple Situated?
Kedarnath Temple is one of the main pilgrimage centers of Hindus. This temple is located in the state of Uttarakhand, India. Every year lakhs of devotees visit Kedarnath temple from different states to have the darshan of Lord Shiva.
Kedarnath Yatra is one of the holiest pilgrimages in India. Kedarnath Temple is one of the 12 Jyotirlingas in India and it is believed that by worshiping Lord Shiva in this holy temple, pilgrims attain salvation.
Kedarnath Temple is located in the Rudraprayag district of Uttarakhand. It is situated at an altitude of 3584 meters above sea level. One has to make a difficult journey to reach the temple of Kedarnath. Since the winter months from November to March receive heavy snowfall, the Kedarnath temple can be visited only for a limited time every year.
This temple is situated at a high altitude, so considering the weather, the doors of the temple are open only between April and November. After this, due to heavy snowfall, the doors of the temple are closed for the devotees.
The doors of Kedarnath Dham were opened on 6th May 2022. Due to the Corona epidemic, after two full years, the journey of Kedarnath Dham started, then the crowd of devotees broke all the records.
Kedarnath Yatra 2022 Fast Facts
- Kedarnath Yatra 2022 Opening Date: 06th May 2022
- Best Time to Visit: May, September October
- Location: Rudraprayag, Garhwal, Uttarakhand
- Kedarnath Yatra Distance (Walking/trek distance from Gaurikund): 16 km
- Ideal duration: 1 day
- Kedarnath Temple Darshan Timings: 06:00 AM to 01:00 PM & 05:00 PM to 7:30 PM
- Nearest Railway Station: Rishikesh (228 kilometers)
- Nearest Airport: Jolly Grant Airport, Dehradun
- Nearest Helipad: Phata
- Famous for: 12 Jyotirlinga, Chardham yatra, trekking, panch Kedar, pilgrimage
- Kedarnath Yatra 2022 Registration (ePass): You need to register online from the official website Tourist Care Uttarakhand. Only those with ePass are allowed to visit the temple. All you need is a working mobile number to receive OTP for Kedarnath yatra online registration.
If you are planning for Kedarnath Dham Yatra, then it is essential to take special care of some things. Let us know what you should do and what mistakes should be avoided while going on Kedarnath Yatra.
- If you are planning to go to Kedarnath Dham, then keep in mind that avoid going too much in winter and during the monsoon season. The risk of floods or landslides is very high during the monsoon in hilly areas. In such a situation, do not make travel plans during this time.
- While going on a trip, keep in mind that you must take winter clothes with you, even if you are going in the summer season.
- It can rain in the mountains at any time, so keep an umbrella, or raincoat with you while traveling.
- It takes a total of 6-8 hours for a normal person to go from Gaurikund to Kedarnath Dham, so instead of hurrying, walk comfortably. Do not stampede while walking or else you may have to face difficulty in breathing.
- Start your journey early in the morning so that you can reach Kedarnath Dham comfortably till the day. After darshan, take a night’s rest here and the next morning start the return journey to Gaurikund.
- Keep in mind that if you are planning to do darshan, climb and return in a single day, then you have to reach Gaurikund by evening or by night, but you may face problems from Gaurikund to Sonprayag. At night, there is a lot of problem in getting seats on trains from Gaurikund to Sonprayag. Also, due to very few hotels or lodges in Gaurikund, you may have trouble finding rooms here.
- Never take children below 12 years of age during Kedarnath Yatra. The weather here is not known. Apart from this, the oxygen level here is also quite…
- If you want to reach Kedarnath Dham without any hassle, then you can go on a doli, whose fare is between 8 to 10 thousand rupees.
- At the same time, the round trip fare of Kandi is around Rs 5 thousand and the round trip fare of the mule is 5 to 6 thousand rupees. If you are thinking of going by helicopter, then its fare is about 7 thousand rupees.
- Carry the SIM of BSNL, Airtel, and Reliance Jio while going on Kedarnath Yatra for a better phone network.
- Don’t forget to carry your travel card and Aadhar card. Avoid visiting Kedarnath temple at night as there can be danger from wild animals at night.
- Keep a flashlight and extra batteries with you before you go on a trip. Do breathing exercises a few days before the visit to Kedarnath Dham. With this, you will not have much problem breathing there.
- Make hotel bookings in advance only. There is a lot of trouble in getting a room during the peak season because during this time the crowd of people is very high.
According to the data from the State Health Department, 20 people have died in the Char Dham Yatra that started on May 5. Out of which 10 pilgrims died while going to Yamunotri, 6 to Kedarnath, 3 to Gangotri, and 1 to Badrinath.
Many of those who died during this period were more than 60 years old and were suffering from heart-related diseases. If they have any respiratory disease, then do not plan to go to Kedarnath at all.
How to reach Kedarnath by Bus
There is no direct bus from Delhi to Kedarnath. For this, you will first have to take a bus from Kashmere Gate Interstate Bus Stand to Haridwar or Rishikesh. The fare of a roadways bus is Rs 300 but if you want, you can also take a private bus. After reaching Rishikesh, you will have to take a bus from here to Sonprayag. You have to take the bus to Sonprayag early in the morning.
If you take a bus to Sonprayag early in the morning, then you will reach there by evening. After this, you will get share taxis from Sonprayag to go to Gaurikund. The distance from Sonprayag to Gaurikund is 5-8 km. After reaching Gaurikund, you will have to travel on foot to Kedarnath Dham.