How to Register for Amarnath Yatra 2023
How to Register for Amarnath Yatra 2023: Before embarking on the Amarnath pilgrimage, it is mandatory to obtain a Yatra Permit. In this blog, I will explain where and how you can obtain the Yatra Permit because, without it, you will not be allowed to undertake the Amarnath pilgrimage. So let’s find out how to obtain the Yatra Permit for the Amarnath Yatra.
How to Obtain the Yatra Permit for the Amarnath Yatra?
To obtain the Yatra Permit for the Amarnath pilgrimage, you need to fill out two forms, and I will guide you through the process.
- CSC Certificate (Compulsory Health Certificate): Before undertaking the Amarnath Cave Yatra, you must obtain the CSC Certificate. This certificate can be obtained from authorized doctors or institutions listed by the Amarnath Shrine Board. You can find authorized doctors and institutions in your vicinity by visiting the official website of the Amarnath Shrine Board.
It is important to note that if you obtain the CSC Certificate from any doctor or institution other than those listed by the Amarnath Shrine Board, you will not be granted permission to undertake the Amarnath pilgrimage. Therefore, it is essential to obtain the CSC Certificate only from the authorized doctors or institutions listed by the Amarnath Shrine Board.
You can download the CSC Certificate form from the official website of the Amarnath Shrine Board.
- Registration Form: The registration form can also be downloaded from the official website of the Amarnath Shrine Board. After filling out the registration form, you need to deposit it along with the CSC Certificate and four passport-size photographs at the listed bank selected by the Amarnath Shrine Board.
These listed banks, currently numbering 442, are spread across various regions of India. You can visit any of these banks to deposit the registration form, four passport-size photographs, and the CSC Certificate. After depositing both forms, you will be required to pay a fee of ₹50 at the bank. Once the fee is paid, you will be issued the Yatra Permit for undertaking the Amarnath pilgrimage.
Can everyone undertake the Amarnath pilgrimage?
No, not everyone can undertake the Amarnath pilgrimage. Let’s delve into detail about who cannot undertake the Amarnath pilgrimage.
Please keep in mind the following points before embarking on the yatra
- The medical certificate should be issued by a doctor/hospital authorised in your state.
- The photo file should be – .JPEG or. JPG only and size should not be more than 1MB.
- Medical certificates should be scanned and uploaded. PDF format only while registering. Size should not be more than 1MB.
- Persons with ages below 13 years and above 70 years are not allowed.
- Pregnant women with more than 6 weeks of pregnancy are not allowed.
- Carry your original Photo ID and Medical Certificate with you during the yatra.
You might wonder why these individuals are restricted from embarking on the Amarnath pilgrimage. Well, let me tell you that the journey to the Amarnath Cave involves a strenuous uphill trek. Additionally, reaching the Amarnath Cave requires traversing difficult terrains, which makes the pilgrimage challenging for everyone. Hence, the aforementioned groups are not granted permission to undertake the Amarnath pilgrimage.
If you decide to embark on the Amarnath pilgrimage, you will come to know whether the mentioned groups are allowed or not.
I would suggest planning your Amarnath pilgrimage with friends because traveling with companions not only helps pass the time but also provides support in case of any unforeseen incidents.
If you wish to go on the Amarnath pilgrimage with your family, I believe it would be beneficial for you to complete the journey to the Amarnath Cave once either alone or with friends. By doing so, you will gain some experience in completing the Amarnath pilgrimage.
I hope this information proves helpful to you. If you have any questions related to this post, feel free to share them with us through the comment box.
Related Articles: Gurdwara Pahalgam History Jammu Kashmir – Best Time To Visit Pahalgam